Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Preparing For The Best Buddies Ride!

This Saturday, June 4, will be my first intentional century ride. I did a ride to benefit Cycle Kids a week and a half ago that became a century when we got lost somewhere in the wilds of Sudbury. Anyway, a million thanks to PATRIOT PEDDLERS, who are very generously sponsoring my Best Buddies ride. Best Buddies matches intellectually disabled kids with friends and mentors; I work with a number of such kids and have seen how much they can suffer from the lack of social acceptance. It's a great program and I'm proud to do this ride. To prepare, I rode 180 miles over the holiday weekend and got a great bike tan. Now beginning my third season of charity riding, I reflected on things that would have horrified me three years ago that are now second nature. These include: using port-a-potties, blowing my nose on the bike, and asking strangers for money. Thanks so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment