Saturday, August 30, 2014

Cordelia Turns Two!

On Thursday, August 28, Cordelia celebrated her second birthday with a cake I sent her:
I think she enjoyed it!  As you can see, her hair is growing and she just gets more and more beautiful (even with all the frosting on her face!).  I went through an organization called Blessed Kids to send a dragon cake, a "photo pillow" (pillow with my picture on it) and a list of translated questions for the orphanage to answer.
Cordelia looks either transfixed or bewildered or both, and I'm thrilled that she got my cake and that the orphanage staff was able to send pictures of the event for me to enjoy.

Currently I'm waiting for the US Consulate in Guangzhou to issue something called an Article 5, which is essentially a promise to the Chinese government that they'll grant Cori a visa when the time comes.  Once they produce that, it gets processed by the travel division of the CCCWA, which is the central Chinese adoption authority, and they'll send me my travel date.  Everyone's best guess is that I'll travel in late October or early November.

Things are coming together.  I've got a pile of clothes (not enough, though), some toys and books, and both a regular stroller and one for jogging.  The crib is set up, and her room is starting to take shape.

Thank you so much to all who have donated to her fund to help bring her home.  If you'd still like to donate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment