Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My 2012 Charity Season

Due to a new job and various other occurrences, I've had a somewhat abbreviated charity season.  In June I did the two-day, 183-mile MS ride from Boston to Provincetown.  It rained the first day and I forgot my jacket, so I did the first chunk of the ride wearing a giant trash bag.  I was proud to have done a sub-six-hour century and to have helped Bike MS raise over $2 million.  In July I did Seacoast Safari, to benefit cystic fibrosis research.  This was my fourth time doing this ride and I was actually on the planning board this year.  Vertex has developed a drug that essentially makes the disease chronic instead of fatal for a small portion of the CF population, and it's exciting to be able to support that kind of progress in some small way.  At the end of the July I did the Mass Bike Summer Century--and bonked, hard.  But hey, it happens to the best of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment